Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Who is your "sauce"?

Really, it's who is your "source"- Dr. Cho from South Korea pronounces it "sauce"!
Just a thought question for me today. I have heard so many people raising the concern of what is going on in the economy. Definately it is a wake-up in our
spiritual lives, to know who our source really is-God or this world? Our pastor
said that the nation is experiencing a shaking- we understand that since we just lived through a hurricane season-but the shaking of our nation relates to the fall of all the things man has trusted in-Money, power, modern conviences, even people are falling from their high places! I guess I can now SEE how God is proving His goodness to us in these days. When you see a tree that has some brown leaves and broken limbs and something SHAKES it, all those parts of the tree that are disconnected fall and those that are healthy and connected to the main parts stay the attached. I think that is a true picture of this passage of scripture when Jesus says,

"I am the true vine and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit." (John 15:1-2)

I believe in the LOVE of God first. If there is a wake up call for our nation to turn to God, God will do everything in His power to draw his family back to Him.
So I am not blaming God for every horrible thing that goes on in the world. But I do think He is needing the body of Christ who is connected to rise up and declare his GOODNESS- spread the good news of Jesus, love our neighbors as ourselves, forgive others, live a life of integrity, you know! I hope for all my friends and family that you trust God as your source, no matter what the gas prices are or what the stock market does! We have a promise that is GOOD and we need to let those around us see our confidence in the Lord in such a time as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment