Friday, October 10, 2008

LIVE LIFE!


I have discovered that life is what YOU make it, not what you want others to make happen for you. As a young mom, I have to decide each day when I wake up that today will be great and that God has something awesome in store... So instead of waking up tired and frustrated because of all the responsibilities that come with life, I have learned to chill out and just have fun! No matter how many times I clean my house and make it perfect, it doesn't stay that way for longer than 30 minutes! I don't want to live my life stuck in a closet trying to get organized-I certainly appreciate those who have the natural gift of order, but the order I want in my life begins with my priorities- GOD, FAMILY, and then EVERYTHING ELSE!

Here are some things that make my mornings go smoother!

1. Read your Bible and pray before the kids wake up. It will set the tone for your day.
2. If you have time, take a walk around the block. It is so peaceful and getting out of the house will change your perspective!
3. Get some good music going in your house (I couldn't live without our family ipod)
4. Welcome your family in the morning with a happy heart, especially your husband! A warm cup of coffee with our Bibles on the patio is our favorite date. We discuss our lives, the future, and even our daily schedules- who drives carpool, what we will do for dinner, etc.
5. Some days I just want to lounge in our pj's and hang at home- other days I just need to throw on my coolest jeans and go shopping- KNOW YOURSELF- don't get stuck in the house every day and don't run your family crazy because you are so BUSY! Balance is the key.
6. Forgive and Live! Don't get hard on yourself because you aren't perfect. We are running a marathon, not a sprint. Sometimes we get ahead and sometimes we fall behind, but thank GOD, we are still in the race and it isn't over! KEEP MOVING and don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment